Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop lookin' at the door...

...wishin' you'd come sweeping in the way you did before...

Day 4. Tomorrow? Hump day. :-) <3


So the town I live in is next to this other town that I live next to, and in the middle of our towns is the XYZ River. Now generally, the XYZ River is disgusting and no one even thinks anything of it's existance. Until today. Driving down the main drag in my town to go visit Nana in the hospital (she had her hip replaced a few weeks ago) and to then proceed to my gym, I approached a flashing sign stating that the road was closed up ahead and we should seek an alternate route. The other drivers and I looked at each other in our cars and kept on going! A few miles down the road, I discovered a brand new lake that I never knew existed in Massachusetts. This lake was actually what had become of the street I was driving on.

I had seen all the flooding in Waltham and Quincy and other areas of MA, but had no idea the severity of the XYZ River overflowing! Jeesh. So myself and about 50 other cars did 9 point turns and headed back home.

Sorry Nana, gym. Guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow!





Today at work, I had an epiphany. I am already bored with my new job. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But once I master something, I can't do it any longer. I constantly need challenges and new goals and new heights to reach. I don't want to continue this mastered path I'm on, or I worry I will begin to resent going to work everyday. In my office, I conduct all Transient Business for Marriott hotels throughout the entire North East. There is only so much to transient business. Today I hand delivered the phone number of an angry customer who was planning an event at a certain hotel and hadn't received a call back from his sales manager after leaving a few messages. I asked the event sales manager chica to show me what she does. HOW FUN. I think I'd be better off on the other side of our office booking events and weddings and meetings. Similar to what we did at my old Newport hotel back in the day. Not just negotiating corporate rates for my whole life. More to come.

Tomorrow night post work is dinner in Boston w/ the owner of my old hotel and our director of sales. Woot woot. If I'm good at one thing, it's keeping in touch with people. Looking forward to some Stoli Doli martinis ;-)



I secretly wish I auditioned for American Idol. Shoot. My secret's out...

2 comments:

Penile Implant in India said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!